Sunday, August 14, 2005

Look At Yourself—Jenny Dubnau

Did a studio visit yesterday with Jenny for Fallon and Rosof. I'll write it up in the next week, but in the meantime here's a couple choice morsels. Whew. Oil and canvas, kickin' my ass.

Click on the images for the full effect. Trust me. And don't get me started on the disturbance sent forth by the liar painting. In fact, I dare you to look at it for more than 15 seconds without running to your therapist. Just because it's someone else's face doesn't mean that it's not a mirror.





The artist with things she needs.

3 comments:

sloth said...

The chops of this painter are not to be denied. The glitter-cyclops effect in the tinsel-hair painting is quite arresting.

Corny said...

Woah! Girl's got some moves. I agree with Slothy, Glitter hair is brilliant. Where is she located? In NYC? What gallery, if any?

Heart As Arena said...

Couldn't agree with you more, Corny. Both brush and brain are bangin'. NYC is her home. She's between NYC galleries right now.