Sunday, September 30, 2007

Annual.


I went down to the DUMBO Arts Festival today, and just like every year the best thing (OK. Almost. See next post.) I saw was the work of Vanessa Bucci. She's not even an official part of the festival. She usually finds a way to sell her paintings, prints, and other assorted goods on the street. She pretty much saved the day for me a couple years ago when I first came across her work when she was still a student at Pratt. I stand by my original enthusiastic assessment.



PS (Pun intended.): Bucci was just down the street from the seriously wonderful P.S. Bookshop. I can't recommend this used book store highly enough . . . especially for its very healthy Art Book section. It yields surprises every time I visit. Go now. Thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice.