Sunday, August 26, 2007

Split.



Last night I went to an off-the-map metal show and a boy band broke out. No shit. Noosebomb and Unearthly Trance, meet Diddy. For real. I don't know how to categorize Noosebomb, but if Geezer Butler and Lemmy had a baby this is what it would sound like after missing a couple dozen feedings. Unearthly Trance, as I've mentioned here before, is one of the most killer bands on the planet right now. As tight and as loose and open as Crimson circa '73-'74. Seriously mighty. And in an intimate rehearsal studio with punch-drunk sound? Glorious.


So, rehearsal studio . . . Diddy . . . the boys in the hall. When I went outside for a breather it was hard not to notice the entourage. Walking back the hall I heard some of that heinous Justin wannabe singing going on. Turns out that Diddy was in one of the other studios for a taping of Making the Bland. Sorry, but shit doesn't get any weirder than this. I love this town.

No comments: