Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Speak Of The Dead.


Josephine Meckseper @ Elizabeth Dee

This doesn't make me hopeful, like, at all. The opening line for the measly two paragraphs of information on the PS1 site for their upcoming group show, That Was Then...This Is Now goes something like this . . .

"Inspired by the artistic and socio-political climate of the late 1960s, this exhibition . . ."

Since this has been the Altamont presidency, I sure hope somebody's going to bring up the Hell's Angel's and how the band played on. But seriously, what was I saying just last week about protest art being stuck in the 60's? Ugh. The one thing that gives me a little hope is that Phong Bui and Lia Gangitano are in the curatorial house for the show. But, damn. That's a steep hill of pointless theme to climb. In celebration of my pre-judgement I give you the soundtrack to Josephine Meckseper's recent show, NON's Total War. Sing a happy song!

No comments: