Friday, March 23, 2007

Engines On.


I'm on my way out of town for the day, but I have to say this first. In her first NYC show (at Venetia Kapernekas), Space Oddity, Margo Victor goes all stellar on our asses. Quite simply, I want everything in this show in my home. The paintings--large and small--that made me swoon, and kept challenging my expectations. The videos that fixed my gaze in the way that crazy TV eye did when it hypnotized the town in that old Monkees episode. Their texture somehow reminded me of Jack Goldstein paintings. And the soundtrack to the videos . . . Don't GET me started. Dronescapes that are as distant as they are warm, just the way I like them. This show kicks Major Tom's ass, and then some. Floating in your tin can? Not a problem. Just put your helmet on and enjoy the view.

No comments: