Saturday, March 29, 2008

Space Is The Place.


Gina Ruggeri, Crevasse, acrylic on mylar, 61" x 42"

I'm gonna be jammin' the art fairs like crazy all weekend and writing them up for ArtCal Zine's special coverage, BUT I can guarantee you that I'm going to take time out to go to the opening for The Outer Space at Pluto tonight. First of all, a painter I much respect, Pedro Barbeito, is curating the affair. Barbeito is a smart guy with great taste so I'm willing to bet that it's going to show up on the walls. The inclusion of Gina Ruggeri is all the proof I need of that. Her work has been consistently kicking me in the ass since I first saw it about seven years ago. And secondly, Pluto knows how to throw a great party. 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

Post-opening update: Seriously good show!

No comments: