Thursday, March 05, 2009

Blogpix Opens Thursday Night!


Christopher Davison, Polliwog

REALLY looking forward to the blogpix show opening tonight at Denise Bibro. Heart As Arena faves Roberta Fallon & Libby Rosof, Joanne Mattera and Hrag Vartanian were asked to curate by the show's organizer, Olympia Lambert. Good move. I haven't seen Fallon & Rosof's choice Christopher Davison's work in the reals, but it looks HORRIBLE. But I mean that in a good way, as in, like, things are torn apart and come back together in all the wrong ways yet somehow work themselves out into some weird beauty. Joanne Mattera chose, as one of her artists, Sharon Butler. I'm always happy when I see Butler's work on the wall. Big YAAY. One of the things I dig about Hrag Vartanian's blog is that he's got mad taste AND a mad taste that regularly resonates with me. From the looks of it, his choice of Ben La Rocco will be one more reason to trust Vartanian's judgement.

And as a special bonus, I'll be taking part in a panel discussion on Saturday at 5 o'clock with the curators and art blogger Bill Gusky. Let's go!


Sharon Butler, Siding 3


Ben La Rocco, Constellation

No comments: