Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Agnes Of God.


"I'm very careful not to have ideas, because . . . they're inaccurate."
--Agnes Martin

I came in just after the halfway point on Mary Lance's documentary, Agnes Martin: With My Back To The World, on IFC tonight. It was like being in church with a preacher who was filled with the Spirit, truth after truth spilling out. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Eliane Radigue had done the soundtrack. Which made me think, somebody out there in Academyland needs to do a comparative analysis of those two, about the the long home they found in the straight line.

2 comments:

PD said...

I would love to see that. I love the fact that she drove to her studio each day in a white Mercedes.

By the way, I am proud that I did not finish that entire bag of popcorn...

Heart As Arena said...

You've got more will power than me, Peeds.