Thursday, November 08, 2007

(Pause. Vehemently.)


I got an email from Creative Time yesterday with some links regarding Paul Chan's Waiting for Godot in New Orleans. I am sooooooooooo sorry I missed this. I will regret it for the rest of my life. Here's the Time's Picayune feature on the project. Here's there account of the performance. And here's the NPR story. Even Jesus wept. It's too bad He wasn't smart enough to smite George Bush's sorry criminally-neglectful death-worshipping Bible-licking ass while He was at it. And that pretty much sums up my reaction to this. Tears, then a seething fury. No hope.

But that's not what this is about. It's about reflecting the experience of the victims of Katrina and the Bush administration. It's about connection. It's about surviving. It's about somehow going forward, even when you can't move. Know hope, I guess.

No comments: