Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Love Among The Ruins.


I'm never gonna be able to say more about the miracle that is Zoe Strauss' work than I did here, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to remind you of it a couple times a year. Especially when she kicks my ass all over again with her sweeping, massive, heart-bustin' annual tour de force, I-95 show. Like she do. She do.


One of the fabulous things that happens every year is that some of the photos find their perfect pillar, the textures of the concrete and paint bleeding into and out of the photos. Here were three of my favorite visual mix moments. (Here's last year's classic.)



And then, 4 pm. Total score!

There were a couple on my list, but I couldn't stop looking at this one. The color. The failed promise of text. At 4 pm, I took that puppy home.


BONUS TRACK: Albert Yee's fabulous post on I-95. Righteous!

No comments: