Monday, May 05, 2008

Swastika Girl vs. Gossip Girl.


OMFG. Gossip Girl totally wins. This is pretty funny. And kind of odd. One of my most consistently and creepily clicked upon posts via Google searches is the one that contains the image below from the final day of the Assume Vivid Astro Focus show last June. Well, Swastika Girl, there's a new sheriff in town and her name is Gossip. In the last few days there've been massive hits from people looking for something/anything about Gossip Girl's "controversial" billboard ad. (Sorry culture soldiers, but the ad is a mirror, not a flute.) The search leads them to my short post about René Smith's kickass paintings appearing on Gossip Girl the other week. At any rate, Swastika Girl is getting trampled by fictional teenagers right now. And that is an awesome thing. As is my constantly beginning sentences with the word "And."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait, I don't even know what I'm going to say here... I just felt like I should comment on a Brent GG post out of duty. Oh well, don't call me on Mondays from the hours of 8:00 and 9:00pm.

Heart As Arena said...

Ha! Nico. I just saw your post. I know EXACTLY what you're doing . . . RIGHT . . . NOW. Hey, anything with a Buffy connection can't be all bad.