Tuesday, February 07, 2006

George and Martha.


This, my dear friends, is going to be good. Karen Finley's new show will be up this weekend at Gray Kapernekas Gallery. 200 drawings from her new book, George and Martha. It's Finley's satirical take on the love/death affair between George and Martha, a misbehaving domestic goddess entangled with a misbehaving executive "branch". The utter mess and filth of perfection. Dig the stench. Eat your young.

Finley will be doing two readings in the city in April. The first will be at McNally Robinson at 50 Prince Street at 7 pm on April 3. The second will be at Barnes & Noble at 4 Astor Place at 7 pm on April 5. I've heard from two people now that Finley's readings from George and Martha have been masterful. Not to be missed. You know I'll be there. I'll be the one in the back wrapped in a set of plush-ass towels and holding big bags of oil-drenched coke.

2 comments:

Heart As Arena said...

Yeah, man. This is gonna rule. On Saturday I saw a couple of the drawings and an advance copy of the book. Nothing. But. Fun. And I mean that in the most acidic, fire-throated way.

Heart As Arena said...

She is, indeed, with that gallery. I just double-checked to be sure.