Saturday, December 09, 2006

To Slothy (And Her Partners In Crime).


My experience of the art blogosphere was initially encouraged and guided by the painter/blogger Slothy (aka Log World). I'll always be indebted to the Slothmiester for that. Her tips, of course, led me to other blogs by other painters who work out their shit online. It's like a new form of the salon,and it's a hell of a lot more interesting for the rest of us to be able to watch these things unfolding now rather than wait a couple decades to read another boring ass retro gossip column in the guise of art history. Sometimes the conversation is straight up (Well, kinda.), other times it's completely surreal, and occasionally it's just fart jokes. No matter how you slice it, it's a blast to follow their wayward lines.


So, it was more than a small treat to see all those wayward lines move from the digital realm and onto the walls of Pluto, Molly Bradford's new gallery near the BMA. Two of the seven artists in this show, Rosanna Bruno and Wendy White, were responsible for two of the most unexpected and glorious ass-kickings of my art year (Bruno with a studio visit and White with her show at Sixty Seven). The others I've admired for some time and this show did nothing to change that. So you shouldn't be surprised that I'm going to say that this is one of the yummiest shows I've seen in awhile and that you shouldn't miss it.

This is one of the yummiest shows I've seen in awhile. You shouldn't miss it. Surprised? Yeah. Me neither. For real.

No comments: