Thursday, March 01, 2007

Alright Now.

The Armory was where I spent Sunday afternoon and it kicked mad ass. A total clusterfuck, but I didn't care. I'm tired of writing about art fairs though so this post will mostly be pics of some of the highlights except for the part where I say how smart Leo Koenig is at the end.

Doug Aitken


Ryan McGinness



Tara Donovan


Nicola Tyson


Marilyn Minter



Kate Gilmore and her painful piece about fitting in, fame, and fuckery.


And finally, the smart gallery award goes to Leo Koenig for putting up Wendy White at their booth. Her show last year at Sixty-Seven was #3 on my top 10 list. I mentioned that if Mary Boone were on it, she'd be scooping up this painting monster. This'll do though. I asked, and White is not with the gallery. However, showing somebody at a fair like this is a good way to test the waters and obviously shows more than a passing interest. Good news for White no matter how you slice it.

No comments: