Sunday, March 02, 2008

Lull.


Joy "Very Much NOT In A Lull" Garnett, Harbor (2)

Sorry about the lull this month. I've been away on the weekends and haven't had too many opportunities to actually see art. This weekend I wound up with a wicked cold, and didn't make it out. Not to worry. The quiet will be ending with the Whitney Biennial press preview on Tuesday. Look for pics on Tuesday night.

For the record, if my head hadn't felt like a cantaloupe filled with cement I totally would have been making a B-line to Winkelman to see Joy Garnett's show. Last time I saw one of her paintings it was wrapped in bubble wrap in Winkelman's backroom and even then the painting's colors and sweep were busting through the plastic. I meant that metaphorically. I mean, like, the plastic part.

On a related note, I about coughed up a lung laughing at Ed Winkelman's recent middle name reveal on his blog . Trust me. You don't want to miss this.

No comments: