Monday, August 07, 2006

HAA in LA.


Ed Ruscha: Clown Speedo, 1998, Aquatint, Published By Pace Editions, Inc, Edition of 35

I'm going to LA this week for a wedding and a little art gazing so there probably won't be any posting going on. Big ups to Caryn at art.blogging.la, Chris at The OC Artblog, Bert Green, and Sarah Cohen and Carol Stanekas at LACE for guidance and general kindness.

In the meantime, I just put up two new posts up on the Creative Time blog.

Official HAA LA Playlist:
Pink Spiders - Teenage Grafitti*
Uriah Heep - Sweet Freedom
Leroy Brown - Color Barrier
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Frozen Corpse Stuffed With Dope
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black
Suicide - American Supreme
Digital Mystikz mixes
Ted Nugent - Free-For-All
Dry & Heavy - One Punch
Wasteland - All Versus All
Roxy Music - Siren
I-F - Fucking Consumer
Burning Star Core - 'let's Play Wild Like Wildcats Do'
Burnt Sugar - Black Sex Y'all Liberation & Bloody Random Violets
Nantucket - Your Face or Mine
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star

*Just go buy this Pink Spiders record. It'll only cost you 10 bucks, and it's like The Cars and Cheap Trick beating the crap out of The Strokes (Poseurs!) in an alley. Sheer pop genius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will get the Pink Spiders based on your asessment, HAA. But I must say that I LOVE TODD RUNDGREN!!! What a genius. I love many of his songs--among them "You Really Left Me Sore."

Heart As Arena said...

Peeeeeeeeeds. Love is infectious and I was a victim!!!