Friday, November 03, 2006

Live Through This.


Last night I immediately fell in love with this Sara Greenberger Rafferty C-Print at the opening of View 12: Heart Breaker (feistily curated by Amy Smith-Stewart) at Mary Boone's uptown gallery. Also, there were some lovely semi-abstract paintings by Kathleen White. You know how I feel about Kate Gilmore's work and she has two pieces in the show. The jury is still way out on Laurel Nakadate's videos. The music Nakadate uses is too fun for me to be even remotely objective about the whole thing. I mean, the Jim Steinman-penned Making Love Out of Nothing At All by Air Supply! You could use that song as the soundtrack to meat and I'd think it was brilliant. There's some really amazing work in this show. Time to make the trip uptown.

No comments: