Thursday, April 03, 2008

USS Hickey!


Photograph by Christine Taylor

I've never been shy here about my love for just about every single thought that comes out of Dave Hickey's brain, so I was more than a little thrilled when I came across an interview by Sarah Douglas in the March issue of Art + Auction. I was doubly thrilled when I came to the end of interview and read that there was a "web exclusive" where the interview had been posted in its entirety. First of all . . . Yaaaaaaaay! More Dave Hickey. Secondly, OMG. Art + Auction has teamed up with ArtInfo and now has a web presence that consists of more than a jpeg of the previous issue's cover and subscription rates. Finally!

Part 1.

Part 2.

Money interview moment . . .

Sarah Douglas: What about biennials in general and their globe-trotting curators?

Dave Hickey: You mean those people flying around the world on the public dime trying to find some idiot in the boondocks who makes identity art with television sets? They’re obsolete but not endangered.

No comments: