Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rebirch.


You won't often see me linking to something Charlie Finch says . . . so why start now. But I have to credit him for sparking a nice memory today of seeing Anthony James' work for the first time at Blum & Poe in Culver City a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I found said spark embedded in a story that had something to do with the artist getting electrocuted and losing his hearing for a few days. Ouch. Sounds like the artist is mended and getting rich though. Both good things.

And OMG. Spark. Whoops. No pun intended, I swear. Anyway, obviously I'll jump on anything that gives me an excuse to re-post three of my favorite photos from the HAA archives. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Hrag said...

As someone who is deathly allergic to birch, this art work scares the crap out of me and I have a fantasy of buying it and then destroying it. Would that be wrong?

Heart As Arena said...

It might be wrong, hr_g, but I'd buy a ticket to see you do it.

I've wicked bad allergies myself and I LOVE the idea of keeping nature in a box, and away from me.