Saturday, March 07, 2009

Whatever You Want.


Painting by somebody named Natasha

For all you people spending money at the art fairs this weekend, I have one word for you . . . SUCKAHS! At lunch today I walked over to the Free Store at 99 Nassau and got myself a painting for, um, well, free. Yes. Everything is free at the Free Store. Really. They have clothes and books and DVDs and beads and 12"s and art and all sorts of little gizmos. Also, there is ice cream. Or at least an ice cream cooler. I don't know. That part confused me. Art that makes me giddy and slightly confused. A fine thing. And quite the bargain.


Seriously. Artists Athena Robles and Anna Stein have knocked it out of the park on this one. Could not possibly be more timely. Obviously. Or better placed, just a couple blocks from The Black Fucking Hole (aka Wall Street). I shopped with confused tourists and women looking for clothes. They also take donated goods (To be clear, not in barter. Like I said, stuff is free.), but don't try to give them just anything. Somebody was trying to unload a broken toy and they weren't having any of it. So brilliant.

No comments: